Thread: Whey Protein

Getting Muscular

Whey Protein

Hey guys im just curious, does it matter which brands of whey protein you get?

I've been buying walmart brand cause its roughly $15 cheaper then other brands here but am i losing out on some important ingredients that wont be found in no name proteins?

Gym Rat

Re: Whey Protein

It's the flipside that's the problem - more often than not those cheap brands have tons of stuff in them you DONT want. This ranges from high doses of maltodextrin (I think body fortress often has this), to toxic impurities (glycated proteins, heavy metals), to just poor quality extractions (high lactose and milkfat content that can lead to bloating, coagulated proteins that are hard to dissolve in water, etc).

There is a wide spectrum of proteins out there, but a few that I maintain as high quality whey protein sources are TrueProtein, Muscle Feast, Dymatize Elite Whey (a brand I first heard of here actually), and Gaspari Myofusion. I am personally a fan of Dymatize due to the already blended flavor and the addition of the digestive enzymes (you have to manually add those to proteins ordered from True Protein). Plus Dymatize can easily be found at local supplement retailers, although ordering online is probably just as well (if not cheaper).

There are some other very quality proteins, but I didnt list them as I personally think their price is beyond high (I'm looking at you, Beverly International), and it seems you're looking to cut costs.
    Last edited by Torobestia; 11-16-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Administrator

i'm not up with all the different brands and have been away from the supplements for awhile, but I noticed a huge difference ... mostly in the bloating afterwards. It seems very counter-productive to be trying to get in shape and always feel bloated.

Gym Rat

Quote Originally Posted by AllCdnBoy View Post
    i'm not up with all the different brands and have been away from the supplements for awhile, but I noticed a huge difference ... mostly in the bloating afterwards. It seems very counter-productive to be trying to get in shape and always feel bloated.
    Yeah, you can't really tell how you're progressing with all that bloat.

Getting Muscular

Thanks for the info. So do you guys have any recommendations on good brands?

mljoshua

I've always used whey protein, but I agree - spend the money for the good quality protein.

No, not all the brands of whey protein are same. I would suggest a higher quality whey protein instead of the cheap brand. If not, you are simply wasting your money. I believe this forum must have recommended good whey protein to you. =)

Banned

Whey Protein is good for health, Whey Protein is 100% pure and have no added sugar or any side effect to use.
    Last edited by davidwill; 02-24-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Getting Muscular

Rule of thumb when it comes to supplements is you get what you pay for. If you cheap supplements, that means the manufacturer had to use cheap (not 100% pure) ingredients to make it cost effective to sell so cheap. Find something mid range in-between cheap supps and expensive supps and those will do. Soon we will be launching our new fitness.com store in which we will now be selling top brand supplements and competitive prices to be shipped straight to your door step!

I usually use Optimum Whey. You can buy it in bulk online (the 10 lb. bag) and save money, even including shipping.

Insiders

I'm a fan of good pure whey isolate, preferably with a natural sweetener. Brutal alchemy makes one called isolation, which is sweetened with stevia and taser pretty great. Also Now nutritions isolate is pretty good too.

Th Sprite10 Re: Whey Protein

The whey proteins are made up mainly of the shredded cheese components. Use of whey proteins also helps reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancer. The best whey protein found in the market is 100% Whey, which is one of the most expensive supplements and is known to provide the best quality supplement.whey protein which can be more commonly found at gyms and nutrition stores is Nitro-tech, which is rather an imported brand of whey protein.You know more info whey protein Please visit my site www.vigourfuel.com