Icon1 My Routine with Story (need thoughts and help!)

Hey I've recently got back into weightlifting after I healed up after a health condition I had which was IBS (whata bitch!)

Right now I'm trying to do a Bulking routine since I'm kinda scrawny and I hate the thought of it and Ill say some things that I would do and I would love the feedback and criticism as I'd like to know peoples thoughts and ideas from their own experience.

Last year between Feb/Mar I use to go to a polish gym for everyday during the school week, I suppose I didnt have a clue then but I was following some article from BB.com which was a 5 day split. During this routine I got caught into the "hype" supplements and kinda went crazy, I wont even try to name them all out, But I got hooked on a pre workout supplement which was Jack3d, I'm quite sure alot of you know well about this, Since I never had the motivation at that time to go to the gym so you could've said it was my pick-me-up for the gym.

During this routine I loved it and jack3d would just give me the urge to lift more and go further, I'd say I used jack3d up to 5 times a week then.
    During the short couple of months I didnt notice much and one day I got a massive stitch in my side, cramp feelings etc...I never took any supplements that day either, I thought It was just that I had some carb snacks a bit too close to my workout, But later on after months of that same cramp, uncomfortable feeling I went to the doctor finding out I had a health condition known as IBS, My whole life sunk after that, I stayed at home watching tv and eating junk depressed at the fact I had these constant pains.

My parents finally got me to a dietitian about IBS and I had to go on a NO-CARB diet, yeah sounds crazy, I could'nt eat anything with carbs in them, well...I could but only with some foods, I had to avoid Wheat,Barley,Dairy. anything with lactose or bread really, if you want to know more just look up the FODMAP diet.

Well right now just nearly a year passed, I still have IBS but it aint as bad as it was before, I'm slowly healing and eating ALOT healthier. I'm getting back into the ole weights and started about a week ago, right.... if you read this far thanks for reading I appreciate it, now to my routine!
    Give me your feedback, good or bad!

Right now I'm trying to bulk so I "try" to eat 4-6 times a day, (gonna be hard since I have damn school!) getting my balance of nutrients and trying to get in at least 2475 cals per day. Yeah I read that thread by 1quick1 here ---> http://bodybuilding.fitness.com/thre...To-Do-It-Right! <--- Thanks man!

Since Its been a year I'm sure I'm gonna be a bit rusty so I decided to do some research and decided to do a full body workout 2-3 times a week just so I can get use to it again. since I'm a teen with no job or pocket money all I got to deal with is free weights out in my garden, Barbells,dumbells and two benchs. here would be my example for the week:

Monday: Fullbody workout for 60 mins
    Tuesday: REST
    Wednesday:REST
    Thurdays:Fullbody workout for 60 mins w/ 20 min low intense cardio just to keep up my cardiovascular.
    Friday:REST
    Weekend: REST

^ Thats just an example of what I would do a week.

Ok I recorded one of my days and this will include everything I ate and what exercises I did.

*Drank pints of water throughout the day.

Breakfast - oats & more cereal with egg omelette with coffee and multivitamin tablets.
    2 hours later - Optimum whey protein shake
    Dinner - Chicken breast with sweet corn and brown rice.
    1 hour later - Handful of almonds with banana.
    1 hour later - Optimum whey protein shake
    15 mins later - Took two scoops of jack3d
    45 mins later when to workout

Chest - Bench press of 4 sets with 12-14 REPS
    Shoulders - Sitting military press of 4 sets with 12-14 REPS
    Back - reverse grip bent rows of 4 sets with 12-14 REPS
    Legs - Zercher squat (dont have squat rack) 4 sets of 8-12 REPS
    Biceps - EZ bar curl of 4 sets with 12-14 REPS
    Triceps - standing bent over row dumbells of 4 sets with 12-14 REPS
    Abs - Cross body crunch with 4 sets of 30 REPS for each side.

Came back inside and ate another banana with a glass of milk and handful of almonds.

and 30 mins later took another shake of optimum whey protein shake.

Finally for tea(dinner) I had some spaghetti.

I'd do one exercise per muscle group, lifting heavy with 2-4 sets between 10-12 reps. My first group of muscles to always work would be either Back, legs, Chest or shoulders different from day to day and would finish with biceps/triceps and Abs.

Of course I'd do some stretches and light cardio to warm up before each workout!

The most difficult thing right now is not slacking off since I can lose my motivation very quickly so I might go back on jack3d to get me going again... and just to get some BCAA's into me I'll take some dymatize...

I'm new here so any criticism is good criticism for me ATM

if I missed anything or you want to know anything else I'll post it up, Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Irish; 01-28-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Gym Rat

Re: My Routine with Story (need thoughts and help!)

Hey. Sorry to hear about your condition; I, too, have IBS but it's less pronounced than yours it seems and afaik is not due to eating gluten or such items (at least I eat oats about every day and poptarts whenever I work out, but they don't aggravate it). Anyways, what's great is how you're doing something about it.

As for your plan of attack re diet and training, you didn't provide many details on either subject to critique, really. Fill us in more on maybe your macro breakdown, meal/macro timing, and what you'll be doing for those full body workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia View Post
    Hey. Sorry to hear about your condition; I, too, have IBS but it's less pronounced than yours it seems and afaik is not due to eating gluten or such items (at least I eat oats about every day and poptarts whenever I work out, but they don't aggravate it). Anyways, what's great is how you're doing something about it.

As for your plan of attack re diet and training, you didn't provide many details on either subject to critique, really. Fill us in more on maybe your macro breakdown, meal/macro timing, and what you'll be doing for those full body workouts.
    Thanks, its great to hear someone has the same condition as me, but we keep on movin foward eh? I'm not letting no health condition keep me down haha, I just realised I didnt go into detail so I recorded one of my workout days, I'll post it up soon.

Glad to hear you're doing better, feeling better, and eating healthier.

It has become a mantra but as always, focus on diet as much as possible.

Preworkout supplements like Jack3d can be fun and helpful when you're feeling tired, but over the years I've been listening to my body more and trying to manipulate it with caffeine less. To each their own though...

Like I said, glad to hear you're doing better ;-)

Thanks for the nice feedback

I updated my routine so please anyone give me your tips!