Having trouble gaining weight and eating

Hey so I'm 16, 6ft 188lbs. Currently I need about 4000 calories to gain weight. I've been lifting for over 3 years now so I know it's not anything else that's keeping me from gaining weight. The problem I'm having is getting in my 4000 calories a day. I usually go to bed around 12 and wake up at 10-11. For breakfast I usually eat 3 hard boiled eggs and then wait about an hour and go to the gym for an hour sometimes even 2 on my better days. So I get home around 2 and have a protein shake. With which I'm also taking man feed which is basically a weight gainer. I've also been taking creatine for about a month now. So after that I wait about an hour and eat again and again whenever I'm hungry until I go to sleep. My shakes only cover about 1000 calories and so I often find myself eating when I'm not hungry a lot of the time which leads to a lot of discomfort. Any diet tips on how I can get a solid 2500 calories in without having to stuff myself?

Re: Having trouble gaining weight and eating

wow cant eat that much at 16?? I found the easiest way to up the calories was to do it gradually. Getting your body to a point where it is ready to eat that much without force feeding. Other than that if you dont care about macros, you could just eat calorie dense foods that require little eating to get in lots of calories.. up to you

Protein shakes and eating a lot a day (but not too much calories) could help you gain. You can also build up muscles. have you tried to ask gym instructors regarding increasing weight?
    Last edited by nari1208; 07-25-2012 at 09:14 AM.

I found the easiest way to up the calories was to do it gradually. Getting your body to a point where it is ready to eat that much without force feeding. Other than that if you dont care about macros, you could just eat calorie dense foods.