Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Cardio Exercises To Lose Weight!

Your focus should be to burn one pound of body fat per week. Try creating a deficit of 500 calories per day for a total of 3,500 calories per week. There is 3,500 calories in one pound of bodyfat. The best approach is to fuel your body with high nutrient food and burn off the 500 calories through high intensity cardio. This will keep your metabolism high.

The best cardio exercise is simply the one you will do day in and day out consistently. Choose one which you enjoy doing and don't be afraid to mix the exercises up. Interval cardio work consists of moving from one exercise to another in set time intervals. For example, you could do the elliptical trainer for 15 minutes, then switch to the stationary bike for another 15 minutes and finish off on the treadmill for the last 15 minutes. Interval training is a great way to keep everything fresh! There are two schools of though when it comes to cardio training. The "slow & steady" group and the "high intensity" group. These two groups breakdown like this:

Slow & Steady Cardio

Long duration (45min - 1 hour)
    Low intensity
    Burn fat and not carbs
    Preserve joints

High Intensity Cardio

Short duration (20min - 30min)
    High intensity (interval training)
    Burn tons of calories & rev up your metabolism throughout the day
    Treat cardio like weights - explosive movements (sprinting, etc)
    Our advice is to try both for at least 6 weeks and make sure to monitor your progress with a journal and take weekly photos of yourself to see if you're truly losing body fat.

Which Cardio Exercise Burns the Most Calories?
    Below are the top 10 cardio exercises which burn the most calories in 30 minutes.

1. Step Aerobics - one of the most favorite cardio exercises preferred by women. Step Aerobics mainly target your legs, hips and glutes, and can burn approx. 400 calories in 30 minutes.

2. Bicycling - stationary or outdoors is a great cardio exercises, depending on resistance and speed can but 250 to 500 calories in 30 minutes.

3. Swimming - like cross-country skiing is an excellent cardio exercises as it is a full body exercises. Swimming is a great cross-training for other cardio activities. Doing the breast stroke can burn approx. 400 calories in 30 minutes.

4. Racquetball - side to side sprinting makes racquetball and excellent cardio exercises. A 145-LB person burns over 400 calories in 30 minutes.

5. Rock Climbing - is not only a cardio exercises, but also uses arm and leg strength and power. Rock Climbing can burn up to 380 calories in 30 minutes.

6. Cross-country Skiing - whether on a machine or outdoors on snow, is an incredible cardio exercises as it involves both upper and lower body. A 145 LB person can burn approx 330 calories in 30 minutes.

7. Running - Running is an excellent cardio exercises because all you need is a pair of quality running shoes. Running burns serious calories. A 145 LB person can easily burn 300 calories in 30 minutes.

8. Elliptical Trainer - is an excellent cardio exercises and a great way to build endurance. A 145 LB person can burn about 300 calories in 30 minutes.

9. Rowing - is both a cardio exercises as well as giving your arms an incredible workout. 145 LB person can burn about 300 calories in 30 minutes.

10. Walking - Brisk walking is a less strenuous form of cardio exercises. Walking can burn up to 180 calories in 30 minutes. Sprinting, adding hills or an incline can increase amount of calories burned.

For the real high intensity cardio people out there who love the H.I.I.T training (High Intensity Interval Training), below are the top three cardio exercise which will provide amazing results!

1. Jumping Rope - This is one of the simplest, yet most effective exercises one can do. In just 15 to 20 minutes, jumping rope will give you an unparalleled total body workout. Jumping rope is ideal for cardiovascular endurance and enhances performance in virtually any sport - tennis, basketball, football, skiing, volleyball and more. This simple exercise is also great for eye-hand coordination, lateral movement, foot and hand speed and agility.

2. Sprinting - Sprinting not only burns HUGE amounts of calories while sprinting, it also keeps your metabolism flying for days after. Sprinting combined with running / jogging can bring amazing results

3. Spinning - These high-intensity workouts to music simulate a challenging bike ride, complete with hills, valleys and varying speeds, all dictated by the group instructor.

Re: Best Cardio Exercises To Lose Weight!

Nice thanks for the info...

good info thanks

Nice but not all correct.
    Cardio training raises the metabloism for up to 6 hours...weight training will raise the metabolism for up to 24 hours. All cardio calorie burning depends on intensity. When I Mt Bike raced I would burn 2000 cals in 1.5 hrs. Yesterday I biked and burned 1440 in 2.25 hours.

Cardio = Heart. Cut your cals a stated and keep training hard.

Yes.

1. Diet
    2. Weight Training

3. Cardio

Believe it or not cardio is not a required thing to be shredded. If you're going to do High Intensity Cardio you better eat for it too. You aren't going to be able to run 5 miles every day while eating 2000 calories and expect to keep the muscle you've worked so hard for. BG can tell you, on the days he hits the hills he probably dominates his kitchen. There is absolutely nothing wrong with running or biking long distances as long as you make sure to get the extra fuel in. If your body is looking for glucose to burn it isn't going to switch to fat when there isn't any, its going to create its own glucose...from your muscle (amino acids). I've always felt BCAA's weren't worth the money if you're just weight training (pre-workout meal should give you everything you need), but they are the perfect supplement for High Intensity Cardio.

Low intensity cardio post-workout when glycogen stores are at their lowest will help keep your body in a fat burning state. HIIT is also very good at this, the best there is really, but you don't want to do it every day.

Basketball. Not much better than that.

Resident Badass

best cardio is having XXX. done PERIOD their IT Is lol, HELL OF A WORKOUT. you know it

Thanks for the information

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Basketball. Not much better than that.
    I agree that basketball is a great cardio workout

Also agreed on basketball. It's basically HIIT. You sprint, you jog, you walk, you sprint, etc.

Lately I do it all. Play some pickup games on the basketball court, intervals on the treadmill (1-2 minutes fast run, 1 minute fast walk/slow jog), stair master (what a bitch), 20 reps squats, and I like to do a little stationary cycling. I'm going to start throwing in jump rope soon too.

Great info. I've started biking to the gym and back. couple hills takes about 15-20 minutes. Its fun and I like the nice pre-workout I get. Saves a lot on gas also!

Hi, I have read this post. Yoga is the best for our health. I have done my yoga teacher training course. Schedule is very important, when we are doing any type of workout and yoga also.

It depends on what your body feels more comfortable and what works best with it.Running is very difficult on the knees. As for me being a dancer, dance teacher, I do not allow us to run our classes ... She has a special technique that does the same thing as running, it does not hurt your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Meyer View Post
    Hi, I have read this post. Yoga is the best for our health. I have done my yoga teacher training course. Schedule is very important, when we are doing any type of workout and yoga also.
    Don't plan on doing yoga anytime soon, ill stick to running, biking, and lifting