I'm a little confused....

Hello. I'm not sure if this topic is in the wrong place. I tried to find one that is just about gaining muscle. This section seemed to fit it the closest. I have a question that I'm hoping some one can help me out with.

I'm quite slender so I recently bought a home gym (similar to the "Total Gym") so that I could tone as well as build muscle. I'm a bit confused though. I've worked out with it 3 times now. The first time really, REALLY worked my whole body and gave my muscles the "burning" feeling. The second time (three days after the first workout) did so as well, but not as much. I just got done with the third workout (two days after the second workout), and it worked my muscles somewhat, but at the end of the workout I felt more tired than stimulated. With each workout I increased the resistence for most excercises and added more sets and reps. I've been told that for muscle-building, a person should do 3 sets of 8 reps for each excercise. I did that today (though I did 10 reps rather than 8). Even so, my muscles don't "burn" as much as they did the first 2 times.

Is this normal? Will my muscles build and get bigger even if they don't get a heavy "burning" feeling after a workout?
    Any advice you can offer me?

Thanks for reading.

clap Re: I'm a little confused....

well im guessing you probably haven't worked out for a long time or at all. When you start or start again your body has to get used to it. Depending on your body this can take a few days to weeks. The burning you feel can be from many different things. Your can be tired from many different things. How much protein your eating, carbs, and you should be drinking a lot of water. Most people don't realize that being tired can mean your dehydrated.

3 sets of 8 isn't bad. once again there are many different routines you can do. What I would say is that you need to give it time. 3 workouts is nothing to worry about. Give it atleast a month. Building muscle takes years to do. you may start seeing results in a couple weeks maybe, and by results is maybe a little toned and lift gains.

eat protein, cut junk, drink water, be patient

Re: I'm a little confused....

Thank you, Mr. Smith. I'll be keeping those great tips in mind. I've been drinking extra water since I read your post to make sure I don't get dehydrated.

I appreciate the help.

Hope you have a great night.

No problem. For me it took a few weeks to see results. Now its pushing myself more and focusing on splits

well...
    its good tips for good health and fitness ....
    i will surely focus on it ....

I am a little confused in many situations solving in life but we never loose compromise in any stage so great courage will provide us a best direction for promotion case.