Thread: Perfect Age

Perfect Age

Hi friends,
    I want to know that what is the perfect age for starting the bodybuilding exercises.Can we start from age 11 or we have to weight for 15-16 years?

Re: Perfect Age

Being 15 myself I cant comment too much, I train 3 times a week and have been training since the beggining of the year (since 14) and have been making good progress, but whether thats the gym or just natural bulking I dont know.
    If you havent started puberty then your body wont have very much testoterone and if im right you wont build very much muscle without it, and when you are very young your bone "plates" havent all fused together so you can permanently injure them with overtraining ive been told, so I would say a minimum age of 13ish before you start becoming serious in it.
    Ben

Getting Muscular

if your young and concerned just do simple bodyweight excersizes like pushups and sit ups etc.

Gym Rat

The chinese start olympic weightlifting at around 5 years old, and they dont seem to have any height problems compared to their other country-mates. Of course this training is mostly helpful in learning and perfecting the motor skills so that when you hit 15ish you can start using heavier weight. So, perhaps like one above poster said, about 14 y/o you should be more than fine. To say you can't do it earlier is just speculation ... though I wouldn't.

After 15 is the best age to start body building ..!! and it also good for your health also .!!

Administrator

It's not healthy to put a lot of weight on your bones while they are still growing. That's where you can run into stunted growth and fractures.

It's not healthy to put a lot of weight on your bones while they are still growing. That's where you can run into stunted growth and fractures.